PDA

View Full Version : snoop dogg and the 300c

Tjaap
30-05-2004, 20:25
http://www.lacar.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=233

"“What I gotta' do to get that brand new 300 up outta' you?”

Last week, LA rapper – and language innovator – Calvin Broadus, a.k.a. Snoop Dogg, left a voice message for Dieter Zetsche, Chrysler Group CEO, at DaimlerChrysler’s Los Angeles business center.

"Yo, what up? This is big Snoop Dogg, trying to put these new legs down for this new 300C. What I gotta' do to get that brand new 300 up outta' you? Get back in contact with my nephew so you can make it happen, then it's official like a referee's whistle. If you want this car to blow, give it to me. This is Snoop Dogg. Preach!"

At least that was the message according to the Detroit News, which offered this translation by Bushman, a DJ at Detroit hip-hop station WJLB-FM:

"Hello, Dr. Zetsche. How are you? My name is Snoop Dogg, and I'm trying to get one of Chrysler's new 300C sedans. What would I have to do to get a 300C from you without paying? Please contact my manager so that we can try to come to an agreement on the 300C, and I could officially endorse the car for you. If you would like the 300C to get the attention it merits, you would be well served by giving me one. My name is Snoop Dogg. Peace be with you."

Jason Vines, Chrysler Group vice president of communications, hinted that a tie-in with Snoop Dog was possible, saying, “We are creating buzz, and you put it in the hands of the people who can give you exposure.”

Snoop Dogg clearly is a fan of the 300C."

PerL
30-05-2004, 23:56
Snoop has good taste in cars (and I love his music :D )