PDA

View Full Version : american rabbit

bartman
20-07-2004, 12:59
hello I'm wonderering if somebody knows of a nose( wings,lights,welded slotplate,...) of a rabbit(75-84) can be placed on an european golf1 or jetta. And can somebody sell me this goodies. I'm living in belgium(europe) and the parts are not availleble overhere.Also I'm looking for a braun or beige interior of a rabbit(steer, seats,...,everything) It must be for a 4doors.Or perhaps a whole car?? but what would that cost to get the car in Belgium??
Is there someone maybe in Europe or England with such a car 4 sale??
thx anyway greetzzz bartman

PerL
20-07-2004, 19:28
There are some of these cars in Europe, I know of at least two in my area, one Rabbit and one Pickup, so there are actually some of them on this side of the pond. I also know that some Rabbits have had Euro front ends installed, so installing the US sheet metal on a German made car shouldnt be impossible.

bartman
23-07-2004, 18:34
can someone please knows where I can get the parts or cars ??

CalAltaDubber
06-08-2004, 23:43
Funny you guys in Europe want the ugly North American front ends for your MK I Golfs, while over here the fad is to put the Euro front end on.

Changing includes the Grill, Rad Support and Fenders (Wings). Our local shop here in Calgary, Alberta, Canada carries that stuff at reasonable prices.

The shop is called Concept-1 VW Werks. Here is the link to their web site.

Concept-1` (http://www.concept1.ca/)

Tell them Phil sent you.

Marcski
07-08-2004, 04:56
yeah well, grass is always greener on the other side of the pond ;)

golf1gtd
20-08-2004, 20:02
[QUOTE=CalAltaDubber]Funny you guys in Europe want the ugly North American front ends for your MK I Golfs, while over here the fad is to put the Euro front end on.

he is damn right, but usa buffers rock. :D

see pica

valt er iemand iets op :)

Marcski
20-08-2004, 20:09
This section is english only :confused:

Chrispy
20-08-2004, 20:19
valt er iemand iets op :)

this is probl. not the nose they mean, it's the westmore they want. With the sidelights and the square shaped lights.

bartman
26-08-2004, 23:31
this is probl. not the nose they mean, it's the westmore they want. With the sidelights and the square shaped lights.
yep that's the nose i'm looking for!!Anyone??

Marco
27-08-2004, 15:37
Funny you guys in Europe want the ugly North American front ends for your MK I Golfs, while over here the fad is to put the Euro front end on.

Changing includes the Grill, Rad Support and Fenders (Wings). Our local shop here in Calgary, Alberta, Canada carries that stuff at reasonable prices.

Tell them Phil sent you.

Funny YOU guys in america want the UGLY standard European Front ends on your MK1 Golfs. while over here the fad is to put Ami front end on.....

:D;)

Pedaalemmer
27-08-2004, 15:40
we want american shit for our vw`s :D

Pedaalemmer
27-08-2004, 15:42
looking at the website....makes me unhappy....why is everything cheaper in america :mad: i`m looking at clear lights for a golf mk2 with blackcross for only 99$ we have to pay 99euro for it :mad:

rapid-rabbit
29-08-2004, 22:05
I'm very surprised you want the american square look for your car, I'd love to have the european look for mine :D I could do the conversion easy enough but can't afford to get my car painted right now. If my fenders were in better condition I'd offer to trade you everything you needed, don't know how much shipping would be though. You should try doing that with someone on a north american forum like vwvortex, or try my local one www.vwdov.ca , you'll find most people here want your european stuff :wink:

these guys have fenders etc. for american rabbits http://www.bowwow.ca/index.htm

also, they get a lot of their body panels from this danish company, so you might be able to get them a lot closer to home
http://www.autonordic.dk/

good luck

Marco
29-08-2004, 22:19
Unfortunately shipping TO this side is cheaper as shipping FROM this side of the pond

PerL
30-08-2004, 09:38
also, they get a lot of their body panels from this danish company, so you might be able to get them a lot closer to home
http://www.autonordic.dk/

good luck

Since I am one of the few persons in here who understands Danish (Norwegian is very close to the Danish language), I had a look, but it seems that they do not have the US Rabbit fenders listed in their catalogue. Actually, I would have been surprized if they did!

rapid-rabbit
30-08-2004, 11:11
Since I am one of the few persons in here who understands Danish (Norwegian is very close to the Danish language), I had a look, but it seems that they do not have the US Rabbit fenders listed in their catalogue. Actually, I would have been surprized if they did!

I dont understand Danish, I just took a shot because I know bowwow orders their body panels from them :wink:

bartman
30-08-2004, 21:37
@Rapid- rabbit: yeah I'd like to do such a trade but I think the shipping would be very high.But if you really want to , come over to a Belgian meeting and then we do a swap :D of course yuo can sleep here at me casa :D
No serious thanks a lot for adresses and hope we find our parts! Other option would be finding someone who goes over sea for a trip and collect some cars. then he could bring the parts with him. Anyone??

Teto
06-10-2004, 23:09
Well, there are different tastes for different people. I am on the American continent, and as well as bartman, I do preffer the square headlights. I hope you can get them.

CalAltaDubber
17-02-2005, 04:16
Funny YOU guys in america want the UGLY standard European Front ends on your MK1 Golfs. while over here the fad is to put Ami front end on.....

:D;)
Why do you guys in Europe always assume that somone from this side of the pond is American?

I live a little farther north than that.

The funny thing is the square headlight Rabbits were only the ones produced in the US.

All German built Rabbits and Cabriolets (all built by Karmann) have "Roundies"

Of course, since there were fewer of them they are more desireable.

Waldorf
17-02-2005, 08:14
Why do you guys in Europe always assume that somone from this side of the pond is American?

I live a little farther north than that.

That's because u didn't fill in the user CP completly. Show us where you're from, and fill it in. (click at "quick links" at the right top corner)

hajee
17-02-2005, 08:21

Tell them Phil sent you.
hmmm repro mirrors!
http://www.concept1.ca/images/RR%20MK1%20Chrm%20Mirror.jpg

CalAltaDubber
21-02-2005, 00:29
That's because u didn't fill in the user CP completly. Show us where you're from, and fill it in. (click at "quick links" at the right top corner)

Not necessary if you have been reading this thread. I clearly stated in earlier posts here that I live in Calgary, Albert, Canada. This statment has also been quoted by others.

JVeeDub
25-04-2005, 00:22
I live in Nova Scotia , Canada.

almost all our a1's are square light fronts, mine is and about to get the rounds.
I am coming to France, for 5months, I will be visiting northern Belgium a fair bit, I have a friend i trade with there already.
Id be glad to bring some parts over for you.
shipping, or bringing the parts over would be expensive, but i dont mind.

let me know. all of you wanting American parts, let me know what you want, i have a good idea. and we can try and work something out.
I am happy to trade for other parts.
Aftermarket parts im looking for, Oettinger 8v and 16v motor and tunning parts, guages, valve covers, 80's magazine adds. Kamei, Zender grills and body kits,
retro wheels, BBS, Ronal, Zender, vintage recaros
and Cash
thanks

Melvin
25-04-2005, 07:20
but i believe that most of us don't want the later US front, with the sidelights/blinkers? in de fenders... i would like the front without the blinkers in but with the square headlights, the older ones that is...

Stijn
25-04-2005, 11:31
I have an Oettinger 16S intake and exhaust manifold that I would be interested in trading...

T-bo
25-04-2005, 22:44
I know somebody who sells his US mk1 gti...not to expensive.
Then you have a whole american gti instead of only a grill :)
(The car is standing in Belgium)

Greetz

JVeeDub
26-04-2005, 00:49
Stijn, i sent you an email, that is what i am looking for, let me know what you want.
for everyone I am willing to get you grills, trim, interior pieces what ever you want
thanks

gtidaddy
26-06-2005, 04:41
hello I'm wonderering if somebody knows of a nose( wings,lights,welded slotplate,...) of a rabbit(75-84) can be placed on an european golf1 or jetta. And can somebody sell me this goodies. I'm living in belgium(europe) and the parts are not availleble overhere.Also I'm looking for a braun or beige interior of a rabbit(steer, seats,...,everything) It must be for a 4doors.Or perhaps a whole car?? but what would that cost to get the car in Belgium??
Is there someone maybe in Europe or England with such a car 4 sale??
thx anyway greetzzz bartman
i have 3 pairs of these fenders in my garage. i pair brand new, 2 pair used but in good shape
email me dnsdistributors@comcast. net if you need more info