PDA

View Full Version : Sharan Wiring

Tintin
11-09-2008, 20:28
Wonder if anyone could help...
I was refered to the Volksforum by VWVortex as no-one could help me on that forum.
My folks have a 2001 2.8l V6 Sharan.
They have had the car for about a year with no problems.
The other night they went out and all of a sudden smelt burning wires. they managed to get the car home and disconnected the battery. We had a look at it on the weekend and discovered that the short had occured in the "multi function unit" located on the drivers side above the fuse holder. (VW refer to as the Control Unit. Part No 7 M3 962258M)
We pulled this unit out and found that the previous (idiot?? :mad: ) owner had fuse S190 (one of the fuses on the Multifunction unit) fuse. Instead of fixing the problem he simply soldered a piece of wire across the terminals.

The multi function unit is damaged and VW want R13 000.00 for a new one :eek: .
I can look for a second hand one from a breaker yard (but I dont know if Im going to have much luck with that.)
Does anyone have a circuit diagram for this unit or know if I could find one somewhere?

Any help is appreciated
Thanks

VeeDubber
12-09-2008, 07:11
Just to be clear;

Do you need a wiring diagram up to the Multi Function Unit or do you want a wiring diagram of the Multi Function Unit's internals?

Tintin
12-09-2008, 16:47
Just to be clear;

Do you need a wiring diagram up to the Multi Function Unit or do you want a wiring diagram of the Multi Function Unit's internals?

Hi.
Im looking for a citcuit diagram (wiring diagram) for the multi function units internals. I can fix the circuit board, but would need a circuit diagram for this

Thanks

Marcski
14-09-2008, 14:58
i think looking for a replacement unit would be easier than looking for the diagram..

Are you sure the part nr is correct, all i came up with was 2001/2002 Seat Alhambra

Tintin
15-09-2008, 17:01
i think looking for a replacement unit would be easier than looking for the diagram..

Are you sure the part nr is correct, all i came up with was 2001/2002 Seat Alhambra

Hi

A replacement unit would be much easier to get, but its 13 000.00 Rand (about 1200 Euro's)

We are looking for a second hand unit, but have not had any luck in finding one yet.

Thanks

Marcski
16-09-2008, 12:58
but are you sure the part nr is correct?

Tintin
16-09-2008, 13:40
but are you sure the part nr is correct?

Ill check again tonight to make sure, but when I enter it into VAGCAT (http://www.vagcat.com/) it comes up with the right part...

Tintin
20-09-2008, 09:43
Ill check again tonight to make sure, but when I enter it into VAGCAT (http://www.vagcat.com/) it comes up with the right part...

I checked and the part number is right...

VeeDubber
20-09-2008, 09:55
I think it's nearly impossible to get a circuit diagram of such a component. Those diagrams aren't public...

TammyB
31-05-2014, 03:12