PDA

View Full Version : i have problem with my fog lamps...need help...

VWMAN
22-12-2004, 16:53
fellas, we got 98 vw polo 1.6 , when we bought it , it didnt have fog lights...then i bought original equipment hella fog lamps and original equipment switch....then i went to vw service they put these on the car while putting it they didnt use RELAY and guy said this car didnt need relay for this application...then i checked the fuse box and fuse box dont have empty slot for the relay....

two days ago weather was too fogy i turned on my fog lamps but it didnt help my vision...

i think my fog lamps are weak....if i gonna put relay on the harness where the best place is for relay....now i have 30 amp bosch relay is it ok? am using 20 amp ( yellow ) fuse for both fogs front and rear....

and the harness they used can be the problem ? because i didnt bought hella's fog kit i bought only hella fog lamps and original switch...they used their own wire....

if there is a problem what it is : not having relay or what ?

thanks in advance....

PerL
23-12-2004, 20:50
Not having a relay can cause a few problems. The ignition and light switches all have to transfer power to the lights, so the voltage drop is significant. Installing a relay next to the battery is easy and shouldnt be too difficult either, then you will get maximum power to your lights. Just use the existing wiring that goes to the fog lights today, to trigger the relay.

Marcski
23-12-2004, 20:54
he's right.
the shorter (and thicker) the wiring from battery, the better the light output is.

so hook the relay up as close to the battery and lamps, and use the stock wiring for hooking up the switch to the relay

VWMAN
24-12-2004, 08:31
thanks alot...;)