PDA

View Full Version : Hi there to me

Visjes
02-02-2005, 12:41
Hi all, (short welcome)

Just dropped in,..
Introduction. As I recently moved to Amsterdam, I'm trying to get some dutch in my vocabulair.
Posted a pic in the album, bcause I'm dub-less again: the good old caddy has been scraped a month ago. Saw these fish on the market today.. Made me think about the caddy; kinda emotional: it was reeking just as bad :)

I might be buying a LHD dub, but for the time being my bike will do (untill it'll get stolen)

Adam S.

Tjaap
02-02-2005, 12:44
LOL, so that's the story, i saw the pic in the album and was like. WTH?? :p

Welcome! got any pics of the old caddy?

Visjes
02-02-2005, 13:07
No, strangely enough.

I'm an amature photographer but only purchased a digital camera yesterday. I must have some holiday pictures taken on film, but the're probably all at my ex's. Was a terrible beater anyway. Previous owner was "Unhygienix" (from the Asterix: I'm trying to read some dutch versions) or 'kosturix' in dutch, so smelly it was.

I actually hate the lack of a (decent) car, but I haven't figured out were to get a parking permit or even a licence :) All I'm doing is 'relaxin' day and night :) (I think I'll love amsterdam until I get out of money for weed).

Tjaap
02-02-2005, 13:13
I actually hate the lack of a (decent) car, but I haven't figured out were to get a parking permit or even a licence :)
liscenses can be gotten at cityhall (or in a big town like A-dam, they'll probably have "stadsdeel kantoren" they're like smaller cityhalls for each individual borough) most likely they can get you your parkingpermit too, or maybe (like here in rotterdam) they have special "parking stores" that take care of that.