PDA

View Full Version : webasto mk1

nick
15-03-2005, 01:57
does anyone have any pictures or info on webasto fold-back fabric sunroofs fitted to mk1 golfs? cant seem to find any:confused:

PerL
15-03-2005, 13:26
I cant remember that these were offered by the factory on the Golf 1, but I could be wrong. My brother used to have a 1990 VW Polo that had this sunroof, the same roof was also fitted to the 95 and newer "Open Air" versions of the Polo, and also fitted to Ford Fiesta and Opel Corsa. It gives a whole lot of sun and air into the car, you almost get a cabrio feeling.

http://website.lineone.net/~dr.dub/open_air.jpg

dubbed_up_daz
17-03-2005, 10:08
there was a mk1 featured in PVW magazine last year with a full length sunnroof but the guy had welded in a panel from a nissan micra i think on his partners car,other than that ur stuck with just the metal sunroof :frown: :)

nick
19-03-2005, 20:40
ive been told they were only an option on american rabbits, not sure if theres any truth in that. still cant find any pics.

Marcski
19-03-2005, 21:22
there was a mk1 featured in PVW magazine last year with a full length sunnroof but the guy had welded in a panel from a nissan micra i think on his partners car,other than that ur stuck with just the metal sunroof :frown: :)

i saw that car at Worthersee last year, was nicely done.
You can find pics in the gallery -> meetings -> Worthersee 2004