PDA

View Full Version : Audi A8 hybrid

Eddrickwarner
30-08-2011, 13:30
The first Audi hybrid luxury class will be released to the public in Frankfurt but the sales will begin only from next year. Here are the first official details and information about the Audi A8 hybrid. Production of hybrid A8 will start in 2012 when under the hood of ultra-eco A8 sedan is fitted a 2.0 TFSI petrol engine which will be added to an electric motor. The average consumption announced is petrol 6.4 liters per 100 kilometers traveled. A8 Hybrid can run up to 100 km / h only in electric mode. If you run at a constant speed of 60 km / h, the A8 will run full electric for about three kilometers. Audi A8 hybrid accelerates from 0-100 km / h in 7.7 seconds and reaches a top speed of 235 km / h. The CO2 emissions officially announced are 148 grams per kilometer.

The Gasoline engine by two liter produces 211 hp and a maximum torque of 350 Nm and the electric motor disc-shaped 54 hp and 210 Nm. Combined, the two engines will produce 245 hp and 480 Nm that is close to the three-liter diesel engine company. There is a special body color, Arctic Silver and various badges announcing the hybrid mounted under the hood. As standard equipment, optional for other versions are offered for hybrid – metallic paint, air-conditioning system in three areas, LED headlights and Bose sound system. Only the small details of the exterior of the hybrid propulsion betray flagship of Audi’s cross. The wheels in size of 18-inch standard and the optional 19-inch have a special design and remember of turbine blades. It seems that this is madness from designers, and the BMW go on the same idea for eco models with special wheels.
The fuel economy might not be as attractive as one might have expected but you should consider the amount of space and luxury it offers. Having said that, the Audi A8 is a very heavy car with all the leather and the wood which does take a toll on the fuel economy.

Tjaap
30-08-2011, 14:03
moved from "cars wanted" something tells me no-one has one for sale for you yet...

Area51
30-08-2011, 14:05
Yeah right ... sounds like a 'wanted' ad to me too ...

NOT !!

patjetta
30-08-2011, 20:04
I saw one on m.i.v.w.