Volksforum.com

Volksforum.com (https://www.volksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Who is who (https://www.volksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=146)
-   -   TurboHAter - Slovenia (https://www.volksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64359)

TurboHater 06-01-2010 21:53

TurboHAter - Slovenia

Hi, I'm Stevo from Slovenia and own a mk2 G60 '91 and recently bought a Rallye that needs restoration

more soon :thumbup:

breadfan83 06-01-2010 21:58

Welcome, you turbo-ing it? :D

TurboHater 06-01-2010 22:00

hate turbo lag :D

Tjaap 06-01-2010 22:07

needing restoration looks to be an understatement... :lmao:

Welcome.. i LOVE the walls of your garage.

TurboHater 07-01-2010 09:19

I wanted to introduce myself to the community and then open a topic and show my cars :)
there are some other pictures showing all the other parts of the Rallye, so the only things I need are 1 fogliht, front door-cards, 1 front seat (or 2 recaros :screwy: ), front cross member (the one holding the headlights) and G-lader :D

in this pictures it looks like something worthless :D but it isn't I can assure you.

The car was from Udine (Italy) and I think the guy who sold it to me here told me they saved it from the previous owner because he intended to go Rieger GTO on that car :shake:
the guy who sold me the car wanted it yellow and with a TwinTurbo V8 in it so he would win drag races :shake:
I want it in perfect original condition so that I can proudly cruise around Worthersee :cool:

TurboHater 07-01-2010 09:28

there are no pics in the last post, why ???

Tjaap 07-01-2010 09:59

i don't know? can't get them to work either.. you can upload them to our site if you want.
http://www.volksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63683

TurboHater 07-01-2010 10:14

those are the first pictures taken. I will upload fresh pictures next time I go work. I will take better pictures of the body next time :)

Tjaap 07-01-2010 10:16

yup, those work...

you have alot of work ahead of you... keep us updated :thumbup:

TurboHater 07-01-2010 10:24

I know this is going to take a LOT of time and money but somebody has to do it :D

I will keep you updated just don't think this is going to be a fast DiscoverChannel type 1-week restoration :) good things take time to happen and I said to myself there is no need for this car to be ready before 2015 or somethin :)

VeeDubber 07-01-2010 12:08

Just keep posting the pics so that we can follow your project. The Rallye is pretty rusty for a Southern European car, but I see nothing that can't be fixed. Planning to paint it the original colour or are you going for something else?

TurboHater 07-01-2010 12:20

that's the problem. I need to wash the car and take new pictures where it will be clearly seen that there is no rust. I mean, this is only superficial...because they took it apart and started sanding it here and there (I think to check the state of the body) and there is this "patinae" on the surfice.

I really really really hate rust and that's why I choose this car. otherwise I would buy another one in better condition.

I got the original user manual & service book with the data of the first owner.
it says LB7V and it will stay that way. I think this is the best choice.

Big Caddy 07-01-2010 17:01

I'd give the left and right nut for a rallye

breadfan83 07-01-2010 18:32

Best of luck with the rebuild. Looking forward to some more pics. :thumbup:

VeeDubber 07-01-2010 20:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboHater
that's the problem. I need to wash the car and take new pictures where it will be clearly seen that there is no rust. I mean, this is only superficial...because they took it apart and started sanding it here and there (I think to check the state of the body) and there is this "patinae" on the surfice.

I really really really hate rust and that's why I choose this car. otherwise I would buy another one in better condition.

I got the original user manual & service book with the data of the first owner.
it says LB7V and it will stay that way. I think this is the best choice.

That's the problem with pictures, you never are sure about what you see. But it's nice to hear that there isn't a lot of rust, saves you a lot of work. And LB7V is the best choice! Mine is a LB7V too:

Tjaap 09-01-2010 04:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Caddy
I'd give the left and right nut for a rallye

if you give both you won't need a backseat :D

TurboHater 09-01-2010 11:15

@Dubber: I've been watching pics lately wondering which colour is best between L041 and LB7V and the Graphite wins !

your car is beautiful, I wish mine were in this state :D not that it won't be...but years will pass before I start posting this kind of pictures :D

Larsv5 09-01-2010 11:23

Nice mate, keep posting pics...!!!

Good luck with the rallye.

Cheers Lars