Volksforum.com

Volksforum.com (https://www.volksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Remarks & comments on meetings & GTG's (https://www.volksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   the big usa adventure (https://www.volksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61058)

otti 20-10-2009 15:43

the big usa adventure

it took me a while to upload the frst half of the pix (sorry), but i am gonna start my travel report here and now :thumbup:

from the first time i saw the c2c webside that lucky put up i knew i just had to do it (i think it was about march 09)
so told my brother that i would need a co pilot and asked him if he would be interrested.
at first he was like: oh no, i can never affford that!
after some brute calculations on my budged and my ablity to cut out "real life" i decidet to make him the offer:
you have to save up 1000$ for pocket money, i´ll pay everything else!
he was like :D and so the decision was made to go to the US.
i saved on everything, even food for 4 months and drove my beloved mk1 from norway 1000 miles to winterstorage in germany
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=4558804

2 days later we took the planes from berln-frankfurt and then frankfurt-seattle (all together 14 hours).
we arrverd safely in seattle where had planned to try to rent a vw, at the airport then the "+ߧ hit the fan: non of the rental companys had a car :eek:

none, nada, niema, nitshewo, garnichts :mad: :redface: :confused:

with no ride we took a indish guys cab and he drove us to the first of many motels on this vacation, of course he imediately sr##ed us 20$ for 5 miles driving.
hotel room was smelly but ok, like most of the motels on our trip.

we began exploring seattle:

but my bro becam soon fed up of riding the bus

after some walking around we found a avis station where we took the 1 ( ! ) :wow: available car.
the (un) mighty corolla!

we met simon (2mAn) the first time this evening and took some cold ones wtih him
somehow we have been too exited to meet someone that we totally forgot to take pix this evening
:shake:

of course we didnt want to be seen in a stock corolla so we started to decorate that thing

we met simon again in the evening and took us out drinking and partying, he took so many pix that we felt that we dont need to..
hint hint

we woke up and hit the road to montana

we drove to spokane bought a new map got a steak (i mistook horseraddish for sour cream) with free nostrels we drove on and arrived in
kalispell in the middle of the night....
next morning we managed after some hours of calling and wondering (a little crying was involved too) to make contact with stanton (handsome bastid)
after some searching we actually managed to find the place and lucky and the others :-D

of course we needet some more booze and while i was inside buying the stuff the guys on the outside got creative

custom flamejob by handsome bastid ftw :D
notice the "free" sign in the window you are gong to see that again much later
more tomorrow

breadfan83 20-10-2009 19:00

Sweet ride! :D

I only know ugly bastid.
Is the handsome one related to the ugly one?

Pedaalemmer 20-10-2009 19:08

I.m gonna keep an eye on this thread...this is gonna be interesting.

LRR 20-10-2009 21:02

Keep it up Otti !!!!

82dumptruck 20-10-2009 22:48

i can only imagine how awesome your vacations had to have been, can't wait for more pics!

Chromosexual 20-10-2009 23:04

damnit i cant see the pics because i am at work
host those pics on volkforum bitsch!

:D

Chromosexual 21-10-2009 03:47

hahahahah i remember that stop where those horses are......is tuki in the pic by the horses?

sixpack 21-10-2009 05:18

Im folowing this :cool:

evilnyntje 21-10-2009 07:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixpack
Im folowing this :cool:

Same here! I had the same Carolla last September when I was over in the states. They never rent VW's :(.

Marcski 21-10-2009 09:29

to bad you only got the VF shirt at the end of your trip :D

nice to have met you guys!

Big Caddy 21-10-2009 13:37

subscribed.

Good meeting you guys. was some fun times. wanna borrow my straw?

otti 21-10-2009 17:13

@marcski nice to meet you too, was too short though we gonna have more time with our chromo @ wörthersee next year, f you are n?

his thread is going to updated daly, no worrys :mrgreen:

as you can see here mr U.Bastid was busy working on kitty to get her ready for a cruise.

- oh nice a cruise i thought, too bad we cant ride in a mk1..
we went to grab some burgers and when we returned, lucky came for the rescue like only a true mk1 fan could
and pulled out some mk1 cabbys out of the staple

minutes later we hit the road

nick let off some sparks...

we were crusing along a beautiful lake and took a stop at a gas station an lucky asked if everyone was good on fuel?

was wondering that too but thought she asked about fuel for the way back the same way we came, wich was not what she meant-i found out a lttle later...
when we do "a little cruise" in germany we drive like 1 hour around the city in a convoi to see and be seen.
but not here! this is montana :wink:

as you can see we had to turn on the lights and all...

at a traffik light it seemed like lucky and handsome totally lost their mind because kitty was shaikng like crazy from extensive headbanging :shock:

we went to a bar in the middle of nowhere and took some pics and some beers (only the co drivers of course)

my bro needed to finish the pichers since noone wanted more beer and told me that he felt like a baloon from all the fast drinkng

we drove all around a lake of the size of germany (a little cruise my azz) and went back to the shop where we prepared for the
crazy karaoke sendoff party.
1. i have never traveled that far for a bar before
2. i have never seen a bar that empty on people before
3. i have never seen a evening developing in such a nice party after these circumstances
4. the party was defenatly made by the fellowship of all people

really good times but we have been too buisy drinking to take pics of it

SIMON WHERE ARE YOU!

i took somehow a pic of the gang party animals after we arrived back at the shop
-from ths point on my memorys a blurry and random
-i know that i rode home in the backseat of kitty where i laughed like crazy and had a great time

gooood niiiiighht

Chromosexual 21-10-2009 18:42

lolz :D

Marcski 21-10-2009 19:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by otti
@marcski nice to meet you too, was too short though we gonna have more time with our chromo @ wörthersee next year, f you are n?

i probably will, trying to bring some east and west coast DCI members as well ;)

Big Caddy 22-10-2009 01:21

hah, careful Paul likes to wander with his camera while you're sleeping.

otti 22-10-2009 17:58

hey pauli i thought you dont wanted to share the dicusing pix of halfnaked drunken gernanz...!

next day we woke up with a major bubblehead and a short look at the watch told me that we are already running late...
only a short goodby later we hit the road again southbound back to the interstate90 and saw some nice nature and
a grand am gtr??

beautiful nature in montana

we took a good night sleep in hardin and next morning we had a pont of big irrtation:
while loadng my luggage into the trunk the keys fell out of my pocket into the trunk just in the moment when
i closed the hatch, i thought no problem went to the front to unlock the trunkld from the inside...
the moment i touched the doorhandle the car locked itself :shock:
since avis has the keyes together with a wire unopenable we had no choce but to call a towing company to open the door.
the guy showed up and opened the car in less than 5 min. bill 65$ :pissed:
we took our breakfast of champions ( 7 whopper jr for 7$) and drove on where we soon arrived at the state border

the crazy horse monument

there we begin to notice how inventive people are to get peoples money...
the entrance to mount rushmore is free but the parking costs 10$, but you can use the ticket with the vehicle you are parking there for a whole year :down:
who is going to go there more than once a year and has still the parking ticket???

we drove on through south dakota and wanted to take pics, but there was nothing to take pixs of :oops:
only corn crobs as far as the eye could see...
we drove untl we got really tired and stopped in mitchell to sleep in the typical slightly smelly motel
and took the dayly evening meal (beer) until ths point we found that the bud lite was ok when you drink it fast enough

more tomorrow

Chromosexual 23-10-2009 01:39

ewwww miller lite!

hahahaah

82dumptruck 23-10-2009 03:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnyntje
Same here! I had the same Carolla last September when I was over in the states. They never rent VW's :(.

not true, my mom got a rental mk5 jetta when my little brother totaled his first car :wow:

pictures are great, can't wait for more :cool:

dekilo 23-10-2009 06:56

Fucking awesome roadtrip.

Big Caddy 23-10-2009 13:46

I would have drank about 2 6-packs a night to relax after all that driving. I'd love to do that road trip sometime.