Volksforum.com

Volksforum.com (https://www.volksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Who is who (https://www.volksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=146)
-   -   DerEisbaer - Germany (https://www.volksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62998)

DerEisbaer 05-12-2009 20:18

DerEisbaer - Germany

Dear All,

a warm and friendly welcome from my side. My name is Sebastian, I'm 23 years old and I'm from the Black-Forest region of Germany. I moved here from the north of Mannheim one year ago for my job...

Due to my hobby - a Volkswagen Rabbit Mk2 - and my actual activities in various german Volkswagen-Forums I now decided to join here. A lot of awesome pictures found in threads and a lot of nice cars shown here made the final decision easier :thumbup:

My ride is a 1991 Rabbit Mk2 Edition Blue with a PF-Engine and some smaller mod's (adjustable suspensions, new leathered steering wheel, 7,5x15" rims...).

A lame, normal Mk5 has applied for all-day use oct '08. A lot of work was done on the GTI afterwards, but a lot has to follow. Some bodywork, new suspension mountings and bushings (once again :-p) and at least a better brake-system are set up already - new rims would be n1ce, there are enough ideas but not enough money...

Besides the GTI I help my brother with his 1996 Vento (e.g. Jetta - you might know :cool: ), flat black hood, BBS rims and some cool interior were already mounted^^

The GTI is my 6th car now - the Mk5 my 7th, but the Mk2 was my dream for a long time and I'm proud that I made my way through a lot of bullshit an' can now afford such a (little) "dream"-car.

So - thanks for watching - pedal to the metal^^

Stijn 05-12-2009 20:34

Welcome! Nice car!

So tell me, howcome you're speaking the american lingo so well?

Golf_84er 05-12-2009 20:40

Nice ride!

VeeDubber 05-12-2009 21:31

Wilkommen!
Bring some more germans this way :)

Richard 05-12-2009 21:37

Servus,

viel spass am volksforum!
welcome!

René 05-12-2009 21:54

Servus! Und viel spass!

DerEisbaer 05-12-2009 22:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stijn
Welcome! Nice car!

So tell me, howcome you're speaking the american lingo so well?

I don't think it's that good...

Think and reread before posting, good english-lessons in school and american-relatives will do the rest^^

I hope I can provide some more pics soon...

otti 06-12-2009 16:08

servus!
cool ride!
does the editon blue have some special interior with two toned seats??

LRR 06-12-2009 21:21

Herzlich wilkommen.

What other German Volkswagen forums do you use ??

Greetz...

LRR

DerEisbaer 09-12-2009 22:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by otti
servus!
cool ride!
does the editon blue have some special interior with two toned seats??

No, it only has an complete dark-blue leather interior with leather steering wheel, gear-knob etc. Heated seats, Sun-Roof, special colour are some other extras it came with.

@LRR: WOB-Edition, 35i-Forum, Polomagazin, vwcorrado-Forum etc.

breadfan83 09-12-2009 23:48

Tach! :D

Like the mk2!
Welcome.

otti 10-12-2009 15:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerEisbaer
No, it only has an complete dark-blue leather interior with leather steering wheel, gear-knob etc. Heated seats, Sun-Roof, special colour are some other extras it came with.

WHERE ARE THE PICS???
sorry for the yelling ;)

Larsv5 10-12-2009 15:31

Nice ride and welcome, do you have some more pics of the MKII...

Cheers

Lars

JUS_GT_EYEZ 14-12-2009 05:06

Welcome.... Id love to see the pics of the interior too.

DerEisbaer 09-01-2010 16:02

I'm sorry, but I've none on hand - but I'll provide some when the snow has gone ;-)

Tjaap 13-01-2010 20:25

another german,... why are there so few of you around on the international boards?...

Is english the biggest problem, or are there just too many good german forums around?

DerEisbaer 14-01-2010 12:27

I think you put 2 good arguments into this discussion.

I can agree with them both, we've a lot of good german boards and english is a big problem.

On the other hand, what I realised in 2009 when we had done a lot of projects on my MK2, there are a lot of really good german cars which aren't in any Internet board or something like that. I personally know about 10 to 15 buddies who are looking around, searching national and international boards, but haven't their cars on the www.

But you can see them on the streets, at the "See" and, if you know em, in their garages...

I believe a lot of such guys are living in the states too. When I was in Alabama in october we saw a lot of n1ce import-cars, mopars, rods and stuff like that and I'm sure that only 10 to 15% of them are really presented in the web.

Chromosexual 17-01-2010 14:39

LOL u went to alabama to see what the USA is all about?
OMG :(
hahahaha :D

i hope u have seen more of the USA than just alabammy :wow:

DerEisbaer 20-01-2010 21:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromosexual
LOL u went to alabama to see what the USA is all about?
OMG :(
hahahaha :D

i hope u have seen more of the USA than just alabammy :wow:

I went to Alabama to visit my relatives, not to see what USA is all about... beside that, we landed in Atlanta, drove to savannah, then down to florida, around the keys straight to the gulf, from there all along the coast to New Orleans. From there back to Atlanta.

So I've only visited the southern states, but I think it's probably a lot more than many american citizens at my age have seen of foreign countries, or?

Tjaap 20-01-2010 22:07

sounds like a nice trip..