Volksforum.com

Volksforum.com (https://www.volksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Meetings verslagen (https://www.volksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   VW Classic Week 2012 (https://www.volksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=100555)

Niels - AirMighty.com 31-05-2012 16:24

VW Classic Week 2012

Morgen vertrekken wij - Erwin aka Volksfahrer, Martijn, Michiel aka Mr.Fijn en ik - naar Amerika!
Daar gaan we wederom genieten van de dikke auto's op de diverse aircooled VW evenementen als de DKP Cruisenight, O.C.T.O. (spijlbus only meeting), Pomona en de VW Classic. Daarnaast gaan we ook diversen VW Shops / open huizen, BBQs, privé collecties en museums bezoeken.

Natuurlijk zullen wij hier foto's en blijven posten om jullie te laten zien wat er daar zoal allemaal gebeurd! Ook zullen we met enige regelmaat op onze Facebook pagina's foto's ed uploaden. Zo kunnen we jullie ook enigszins mee laten genieten van onze belevenissen daar in So-Cal 8)

Beetlefreak 31-05-2012 18:13

Have fun daar!!

retro hans 31-05-2012 18:50

veel plezier bofbibsjes!!

SpeedieD 31-05-2012 20:23

*jaloers is.....

Veel plezier daar mannen!

Niels - AirMighty.com 04-06-2012 06:12

Day one, Saturday June 2nd:

First stop of today, So-Cal Speed Shop in Pomona CA... closed on Saturdays LOL! Will try again later this week. Next on our program is the NHRA Museum, looking forward to that.

Second stop: Very, very cool Hot Rods and memorabilia stuff at the NHRA Museum in Pomona CA! Cool place, go and check it out if you have the chance!

After that we also visited MOONEYES in Santa Fe today. Got a small tour again, always good to see their stuff!

Later that day/evening we where having fun at the BDM BBQ, good food, drinks so nothing more than a great time!

Niels - AirMighty.com 04-06-2012 07:07

Day 2: Pomona Swap Meet, Pomona CA.

Today we visited the Pomona Swapmeet out here in Cali. Had an early start at 4.00 in the morning! Saw some nice stuff and best off all I got a great deal on this 7up Cooler for my girls Westy!

And besides the parts there where a lot, really alot of of cars. From Hot Rods and other American cars, Porsches and a lot of aircooled VWs! Nice to see the GFK line-up at Pomona today. Thanks for the BBQ guys, we had a blast!

Niels - AirMighty.com 05-06-2012 06:52

Visited ISP West today. They got some cool projects going on again like a black beetle filled with NOS EMPI GR parts, nice! Thanks Alex and Anthony for the grand tour!

volksfahrer.nl 05-06-2012 07:01

Het is hier fantastisch!!!!!

SpeedieD 05-06-2012 20:01

Jemig wat gaaf!!

joostvw 05-06-2012 23:58

Leuke tour zo!
Waar rijden jullie zelf in rond daar nu?

volksfahrer.nl 06-06-2012 06:42

God I love America!!

hajee 06-06-2012 06:46

fantastische foto!

Niels - AirMighty.com 06-06-2012 07:42

Day 4:

Today we hooked up with my buddy Ron Petro and started with a visit at Gene Berg's shop.
Here is a pic of the 'Little but Quick' that run in the early '70s. It's upstairs at the shop with a lot of other toys.

After that we visited the Schley Museum in Anaheim Hills today! Thanks for taking us there Ron, and thanks for the tour and lunch Paul!

Was awesome seeing the Schley Museum in person! They have so much VW drag race history on display, amazing!!

Got behind the steering wheel of the famous 'Lightning Bug' at the Schley Museum up in Anaheim Hills today! Great experience, thanks all!!

I was honoured to see the AirMighty Megascene's laying around / on display at the Schley Museum in Anaheim, USA. Thanks a lot Ron Petro for taking us there and thanks Paul for the grand tour and lunch!! We had a great day!

And we ended the day with some good chicken-wings at Hooters ;)

Tomorrow: We visit a VW wrecking-yard, Hot Rod Show in Anaheim and the Rich Bimball BBQ.

LRR 06-06-2012 11:08

A-m-a-z-i-n-g

Niels - AirMighty.com 07-06-2012 16:30

Day 5:

We started driving at 6.00 in the morning to visit 'Small Car Connection', a VW wrecking-yard in Hesperia CA this morning! A lot of new stuff out there, it's been 3 years since the last time I visited that place and they have a lot more bay windows nowdays. Good stuff, and a cool place to see!

After that we drove 1,5 hours back to Pomona to check out the So-Cal Speed Shop this morning! We got the tour, met Mr. Jimmy Shine and saw his awesome '34 Ford pickup. He also started it up, that thing is loud!

Mr. Jimmy Shine from the So-Cal Speed Shop enjoying the AirMighty Megascene including the feature of the 'Yokohama Hot Rod & Custom Show' where they had a bike and car on display which we featured in the magazine.

Than we heard there was a Hot Rod show going on also in Pomona in front of the NHRA Museum! A lot, really a lot of great cars sat there at that one place today!!

And to end the day we visited Rich Rimball's - the organiser of the Bug-In here in California - house for his anual BBQ. Here is one of the pictures I made from up on Mr. Rich Kimball's roof! Yes that's right, I climbed on his roof to get some nice overview pictures.
Thanks for the hospitality and the BBQ Rich, we had a good time!

Next up: Venice Beach, Irwindale Drag Racing and another BBQ at Matt Devine.

Niels - AirMighty.com 08-06-2012 09:44

Day 6:

We visited Venice Beach today. Rented some beach cruisers and drive around. There is a lot of stuff happening out there just like this activity at the local skatepark! 8)

After Venice Beach we drove to Irwindale for the annual Drag Night. Some cool cars where racing, from classic to new cars and motorcycles to electric golf cards!

This year there weren't as many early VWs participating as other years, I counted only two... still we had a good time and saw some good racing action!

After the Irwindale Drag Night we drive to Matt Devine's open house and BBQ. A lot of bus people where there and already 19 Barndoor busses!!! This years Barndoor Gathering during the OCTO Show on Saturday looks promissing!

Tomorrow: Huntington Beach for the Pierside Unlimited open-house BBQ and after that the DKP Cruise Night!!

SpeedieD 08-06-2012 20:22

Wat allerverschrikkelijkst gaaf! Een trip als deze staat nu wel bovenaan mijn verlanglijstje.

Showtime 08-06-2012 20:58

echt omwijs gaaf om te zien!

Niels - AirMighty.com 10-06-2012 05:44

Day 7:

We went to Huntington Beach where we passed this Porsche dealer 'Pristine Motorsports'. They got some good stuff like a 911T, and a couple of 356 Prosche Verts.

Aand at the beginning of the afternoon we drive to Pierside Parts Unlimited in Huntington Beach! It was pretty crowded and we had a fun time! Thanks for this Greg!

Niels - AirMighty.com 10-06-2012 05:49

Day 8:

We had an early, very early start this morning to go and visit the OCTO Show - a splitbus only meeting. This year the had a special Barndoor Gathering and they counted the amazing number of 58 Barndoor busses!!!

And a great overview picture from the OCTO 2012 meeting including the Barndoor Gathering!

And after today we also checked out the GFK 30th Anniversary party in Santa Ana, CA tonight! Cool guys, good fun and congrats on this milestone Folks.