View Single Post
Old 22-06-2010, 21:03
Forum Regular

benzine word te duur blijkbaar

maar hoe meer ombouwen hoe makkelijker het voor elkaar word er ligt zoveel verspreid over het net.En zoveel wegen naar het zelfde resultaat.

hier alvast een interessant lijstje voor onderdelen

* CE2 Mk2 (late 1989-1992)
* B4 or Mk3 TDI for engine and drivetrain parts
* B4 Pedal Cluster
* B4 Engine wiring matches the mk2's holes better then the mk3 but they can both work
* Mk3/b4 TDI instrument cluster wiring as well as OBD2 diagnostic port.
* I like the OBD2 diagnostic port mounting bracket that is used on the mk4s for mounting this plug whereever you want. I put my 1st one up under the dash. my 2nd one is under the shift boot Both used the mk4 mounting bracket.
* Mk3 or SLC K-frame (use can use a mk2 frame but it does not allow for the better motor mounts that th VR6 and TDI use) Passat will NOT work at ALL
* Passat/SLC front crossmember (must use a Vr6 style motor mount) Mk3 will NOT work at ALL
* 2L aba rear motor mount bracket
* b4/mk3 tdi front motor mount bracket
* any mk3/rado/passat 02A transmission bracket
* TDI motor mounts
* mk2 diesel fuel tank is the best bolt in tank. The mk3 tdi will also fit. You can also use your mk2 gas tank but you will need to modify your spout.
* either the B4 or Mk3 TDI instrument cluster based on which dash you intend to use. the Mk3 fits the mk2 dash better. The B4 fits the corrado dash perfectly.
* Use a mk2 TD airbox or a cone filter.
* custom IC pipes and IC (there is no bolt in item without some mods) I personally hate having a bunch of hose connections as each connection is just another opprotunity for a boost leak. Sure you can mix match pipes and hoses to avoid custom metal pipes but my feeling is that its worth every penny to go custom.
* Radiator just use a mk2 item. You can use a corrado but there is no need.
* use the mk2 a/c wiring or adapt to the mk3 setup. (I used the Rado setup on mine)
* fan you can use the mk2 or the mk3 see the prior comment on the a/c wiring
* fuel lines: this can be done in a number of ways. I think I used gas lines my 1st tdi rado and mk3 tdi lines on my 2nd.
* tdi fuel filter assembly
* mk3/rado shift cables. Passat cables are a little longer then Mk3/rado cables and are thus not the best fit but they can be used.
* mk3 tdi or mk3 2L Power steering High pressure line
* mk2 axles are fine or you can use the mk3 tdi parts
* mk2 control arms, spindles & brakes are fine but the mk3 items allow you to upgrade to 11" brakes easily. The B4 spindles & brakes are the same as the mk3 items.
* mk2 PS rack is fine or you can use the mk3 part
* mk2 swaybar is fine or you can use the mk3 tdi parts. The rado swaybar interferred with the cat's support bracket so I used the mk3 TDI swaybar.
* Use theTDI donor's downpipe and Cat (if you don't upgrade or delete)
* Rest of the exhaust can be whatever you want. Mine have use a mishmash of gasser mufflers and over the axle pipes.
* fuel sender can be whatever you need for each fuel tank...mk3 tdi fuel tank is best with the mk3 tdi fuel sender. A Mk2 gasser fuel tank should use the mk2 gas fuel pump and sender. A mk2 diesel tank should use the mk2 diesel fuel sender. Sure you could swap things around but KISS (something most will say I don't follow very often)
* ECU Mounting? On my Corrados I had to make custom mounts as the ecu did not mount the same as the donor cars.
* Battery Cables: I like the mk3 cables much more then the mk2 ones.

for a/c there are two routes

1. use the mk2 evaporator in the dash and have a custom line from the evaporator to the compressor created and then a custom line from the the compressor to the condensor
2. Use the mk3 evatorator and then use an SLC a/c line from the condensor to the evaporator. Use a mk3 TDI or ABA 2L or slc a/c line to the compressor from the evaporator. have the compressor to the condesor line modified with the mk2 unit and tdi donor. My cost is $75 per a/c line for mods.