View Single Post
Old 07-03-2007, 23:01
Married to PC

Update

No matter how long I abuse the little 1.3 liter diesel engine, it keeps on running.. Yes, it even passed the MOT (APK) last month which includes a particle test..

Since my last update i've upgraded the fuel-lines to ID 10mm spec.. Some may call it 'garden hose spec'...

Oh well,. it is a hosepipe. Pressure on vegy oil: -0,2 bar max

It runs through the interiour to keep things nice warm and cosy. In the engine bay the oil flows through a heat-exchangers, electrical heater, diesel filter and feeds the engine at about 80 degrees celcius.

Top view:

The extra glass filter has only been there temporarily, just to keep large particles away, and it turned out to be one hell of an leaky **** causing all sorts of unexpected problems.

The fuellines in the end got some isolating stuff wrapped around and all works fine without air-leaks.

As it's kind-off a daily beater, things do need maintenance. Things tend to break.. like shock absorbers. And as it is a beater, on a tight budget.. I had to swap the complete suspension to -60mm.. as that's what I got laying around.. horrific.

Doesn't look that low, but trust me: it's satisfactory to me The rearwheels are allmost completely within the arches:

Will go nicely with the 14" summer rimms.

I purchased a G40 charger, and it's at 'Arno' to get the full revision treatment: Seals, bearings, the works. (no pics, it will get sandblasted )

In the meantime, been making some room, and fitted the famous G40 metal thingy to create room for the charger and it's hoses:

The enginemount fitting the 1.4 diesel engine arrived to day:

It's the three hole version, which fits the older engines:

With the engine mount delivered, and the complete G40 spec exhaust laying around I hope the swap to the 1.4 liter engine within a few months

Geld moet rollen*
*maar dan liefst wel mÃ*jn kant op!