Go Back   Volksforum.com > International > Off Topic > Car Café Int
User Name
Password
Home FAQ Register Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-06-2007, 21:30
Volksforum Crew - Moderator International Forums

Send a message via MSN to PerL
Default Used car sites in NL and BE?

I want to have a look at the prices of some certain Audi cars, can you nice Dutchmen please tip me of some good used car sites? I've seen Autotrader.nl but there were few cars (that I'm looking for) there.

Oh, in case you wonder, I'm looking for Audi 80 2.8 V6, 1992-95 models (incl Avant, Coupe and Cabrio, quattro not needed) to use as a parts car. I've found them from €990 and upwards in Germany, but because of our taxes, they cost 4-5 times as much here in Norway, and are also pretty rare in the V6 versions up here.

1999 Audi A6 quattro
1990 Volkswagen Golf CL Syncro
1987 Audi Coupe quattro
Old 01-06-2007, 21:52
Volksforum Crew - You WILL comply!!

www.marktplaats.nl it's a general selling site, but it has alot of cars
Old 01-06-2007, 21:52
Married to PC

www.marktplaats.nl
www.speurders.nl
www.kapaza.be
www.autotrack.nl

but most dutch won't sell to foreigner due to a lot of frauds contacting you when you are selling cars... so if they don't want to react ask here again and I'm sure someone is willing to help you with viewing it or contacting the seller.

Last edited by berendd : 01-06-2007 at 21:54.
Old 01-06-2007, 22:33

I have a friend who speaks dutch fluent, so I'm going to ask him to call for me if something interesting shows up. He's been importing cars, used and new parts from Belgium to Norway for more than 20 years, so he knows his stuff.

Thanks, guys!

1999 Audi A6 quattro
1987 Audi Coupe quattro
Old 02-06-2007, 00:40
Volksforum Aandeelhouder

Oh man, an Audi 80 V6, that is nice indeed. I was recently thing, buy a diesel or spend more money on the 16V...

Looked up price @ autoscout24.de and similar sites. At the moment it is to expensive but I'm thinking about building an Audi 90 V6 TDI

Our start with a Jetta/Golf Mk1 gasoline 1500cc from Germany, rebuild to TD and then import. Offiusliy (errrr, how the help do you write that word. No dyslexion isn't a "gift" )tax free driving

Why am I thinking about this as a student with OV (free public transportation) I'm hoping to do my second internship in Germany. To be specific -> Stuttgart head quarters, my place Weissach

But why is importing cars form NL cheaper???
Old 02-06-2007, 01:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubenD
Oh man, an Audi 80 V6, that is nice indeed.

Yeah, but I'm going to use it as a parts car for my 1986 Audi 80. I reckon I'll be the worlds first to have a V6 powered Type 81

The B2 and B4 have nearly identical chassis, that's why it's going to be super easy to install the engine, transmission, subframe, front struts and brakes from the newer V6. This version also has the 276 mm brake discs and Girling 60 calipers, identical to the ones on the 230 hp Audi S2, so stopping should be a breeze!

I just need to get the DMV to approve the swap... Not always that easy!

Quote:
Offiusliy (errrr, how the help do you write that word. No dyslexion isn't a "gift"

Officially

Quote:
But why is importing cars form NL cheaper???

Not cheaper than from anywhere else in Europe, but it's impossible to find an 80 2.8 V6 for €2000 here, they are in the €8000+ range because of our incredibly stupid taxes. When I bring a car home from abroad, I still need to pay the sales tax, but I do not have to pay the "import" tax until a car is to be registered. As long as I dont have to register the car, I wont have to pay taxes either. That's why it's cheaper to buy a complete car abrod, to use as a parts car. In addition, I'll get more than half the price back by selling the rest of the car in pieces when I've gotten what I need.

1999 Audi A6 quattro
1987 Audi Coupe quattro
Old 02-06-2007, 01:13
Volksforum Aandeelhouder

Nope, not the right word -> offiusly ?? ring any bells, still not spelled corretly.

Okay, there is no difference for your pocket in buying your parts car in germany or Holland, right?
Old 02-06-2007, 01:25

Quote:
Nope, not the right word -> offiusly ?? ring any bells, still not spelled corretly.

Obviously?

Quote:
Okay, there is no difference for your pocket in buying your parts car in germany or Holland, right?

No, the only thing I noticed by the very few cars for sale in Holland is that they arent driven as far as the German ones, plus still at a similar price as a German car with 50 or 100.000 km more. This is a big plus, as it's less wear on the engine and transmission.

It's a bit hard though, as there arent that many 80 2.8s in the first place, and not many for sale either. This one has a perfect price, but I don't know how far it's driven. I'm not going to buy a car for another couple of months anyways, just planning (and dreaming) at this stage.

1999 Audi A6 quattro
1987 Audi Coupe quattro
Old 02-06-2007, 01:32
Volksforum Aandeelhouder

You should email them this:

Hallo,

Ik heb interesse in de Audi 80 2.8E. Wat is de kilometerstand van deze auto? En zit er NAP op?

Vriendelijke groet,
PerL

I'm interested in the audi, what is the mileage and is it the proven and official mileage? (NAP is a government thing makes it possible to check mileage to prevent people from setting back their mileage and sell the car for more money).

And yes, obviously it is!
Old 02-06-2007, 08:32
Postwhore

1990 Golf GTI 16vG60
1991 Golf GTI G60
1991 Golf GTI Edition one G60
1983 Golf GTI 16vG60
1983 Golf GTI G60
2000 Audi S3
Old 02-06-2007, 09:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelG60

I know about these two already, thank you

1999 Audi A6 quattro
1987 Audi Coupe quattro
Old 04-06-2007, 17:11

Quote:
You should email them this:

Hallo,

Ik heb interesse in de Audi 80 2.8E. Wat is de kilometerstand van deze auto? En zit er NAP op?

Vriendelijke groet,
PerL

I'm interested in the audi, what is the mileage and is it the proven and official mileage? (NAP is a government thing makes it possible to check mileage to prevent people from setting back their mileage and sell the car for more money).

And yes, obviously it is!

Yeah, so I sent this to them last friday. Didnt expect to get any reply during saturday, because I know not all used car dealers are open on saturdays. Still I kinda thought I'd get a reply today, but no, nothing

No worries though, as I do not have any immideate plans to buy this exact car, or any B4 V6 at all, at this time. I will first have to talk with the inspectors at the local DMV station, because I will not do this engine swap without any approval. If it's not approved, it will void my insurance, and if anything happens that the police think they can relate to this swap, I'm in deep doo-doo.

So, it'll be a few months from now, at best.

1999 Audi A6 quattro
1987 Audi Coupe quattro
Old 04-06-2007, 17:25
Volksforum Aandeelhouder - Pedalwanne

Send a message via MSN to Pedaalemmer

A lot of junkyards have got many audi v6 engines in stock why don`t you approach them. A friend of mine just did that his audi 80 v6 had some baering issues on the krankshaft lol so he replaced the engine with another v6 from a junkyard here in holland
Old 04-06-2007, 19:09

I've thought of that as well, but I found that it is far easier, and actually cheaper, to buy a complete car. If I were to buy an engine and gearbox separate, I'd have to do a lot of fabrication to install it, then I have to search for parts, buy lots of new parts and stuff. It's a lot easier to buy a complete car with everything I need, where I can sell the rest of the car (in parts) to regain some of my money. It should be fairly easy to sell parts worth 1000-1200 off the car after I've taken what I need.

1999 Audi A6 quattro
1987 Audi Coupe quattro