Volksforum.com

Go Back   Volksforum.com > International > Watercooled technical forums > Golf and Jetta Mk2
User Name
Password
Home FAQ Register Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 24-02-2009, 12:41
Volksforum Crew - Moderator International Forums

Send a message via MSN to PerL
Default Which springs and shocks for a Syncro?

One of the front springs on my Syncro is broken, so I want to replace all 4. I was thinking of replacing the shocks at the same time, even though they seem to be working OK right now. As of today, the Golf has original springs, Monroe Gas shocks in the front and some Boge shocks in the rear.

What I am looking for are springs and shocks that have a slight bit of comfort for everyday use, but still will be able to handle a couple of track days during the summer season. Lowering the car is not a big issue for me, so height-adjustable struts are not on my shopping list.

SO, what can you guys recomend for me? I understand that there are few manufacturers that actually have stuff for the Syncro models. I guess Rallye bits will fit?

Oh, and it is very important that I get parts with a TÜV approval!!!

1999 Audi A6 quattro
1990 Volkswagen Golf CL Syncro
1987 Audi Coupe quattro
Old 24-02-2009, 14:32
VW Fanatic

It seems like (externally) adjustable Koni Sports may help you out. Out of the box (especially with standard springs) "sporty comfortable" but not harsh, and you can stiffen them up for a spin round the track. You 'd better give Rodin a call for those.

Those are only shocks, but you can combine them with any kind of spring brand. I would even consider OE springs, if the price is fair.

If I'm not mistaken you don't need TÜV-ish paperwork in Norway (like in Germany) for shocks as they are considered replacement parts, only for the lowering parts (being the springs, or the complete (coil-over) suspension kit).
Old 26-02-2009, 19:15
Volksforum Crew - Moderator International Forums

Send a message via MSN to PerL

You are right, I do not need TÜV papers for shocks, only for non-original springs, such as lowering springs.

What about anti-roll bars? I understand that there are several different sizes among the different Syncros, including Rallyes and Passat G60s. Are there any well known combination to go for, or am I going to have to try this out myself?

1999 Audi A6 quattro
1990 Volkswagen Golf CL Syncro
1987 Audi Coupe quattro
Old 26-02-2009, 23:48
Postwhore

PerL,

From Koni there are a few possibilities, front shocks are yellow, adjustable. For the rear , they have Koni Adjustable Red ( Syncro ).

Springs are available from for example H&R which lower 30mm ( Syncro ).

Then there are several options for the anti-roll bars. At the front the options are the same as 2wd golfs, from GTI models 21,5mm , the G60 23mm to the Eibach 25mm. Passat one is 24mm.

At the rear you can take 3 different ones.

The original one from the 90hp 18,5mm diametre.
The one from the Rallyegolf G60 Syncro which is 22mm diametre.
The one from a Passat G60 Syncro with height leveling in 25mm diametre.

G60.....the best blowjob i've ever had!

Zu Risiken und Nebenwirkungen lesen Sie die Packungsbeilage und fragen Sie Ihren Artzt oder Apotheker.