PDA

View Full Version : don't fuck wit das Ruderhaus

vw_dick
13-03-2004, 21:36
heh - eventful night at work last night...

I work at a neighbourhood pub (that's more like a neighbourhood club at night) in Whalley (the worst part of Surrey, BC, Canada) & we had an interesting night last night.

First off, and least importantly, I was lookin' pimpin' last night w/ some new black clothes head to toe, a fresh haircut, and hair gel that glowed bright purple under the black lights. :cool::p The collar on my new short sleeved black shirt was sort of "asian" style... and one of our bartenders said I looked like a priest, so he stuck a piece of masking tape on it in the center. :p (I had to take it off, as discussing religion/politics etc is against pub policy... drunken's could get offended etc) Later on some drunk guy is like "forgive me father, for I have sinned..." to which I told him. "RIGHT ON!!! :thumbup::thumbup:" :D Oh, and the ladies liked the hair. :p So did the little kids that were in the bistro earlier on. (under 19yo allowed until 7pm in our bistro)

Second, we had a great band in... Baby Jane.. some large white woman with an incredible voice & her band. She was great, belting out everything from Shania Twain to Rage Against The Machine! Soooo :cool: to get a band that can play a good mix AND play it well!

Third, the excitement... we have a visual silent alarm that gets triggered by the girls that work in our liquor store next door whenever something goes wrong. It's the first time I've seen it go off in the 8 months I've been there. One security guy bolted over right away, I grabbed the other two and ran over with them (across the parking lot). Security guys caught some punkass loser trash motherfucker in the doorway trying to steal a 40oz'er of smirnoff vodka. Idiot. The doors are such that they were able to get one bouncer inside with him, then block both doors - so he's pinned in a 4'x4' cage with him. Got the bottle, dealt with him - eventually let him go... but his trouble wasn't over yet. Two big biker customers of ours, who were watching out one of the windows from their table in the pub, went up to the guy and told him they've been coming here for 15 years and they're going to teach him a little respect about not fucking with the pub/store they frequent/like... (pub's been there ~30years, one of our managers parents MET there) so they took him around back and beat the living shit out of him... fucked him up real good. Then our manager on shift for the night went over to give him his jacket back... the guy was bawling his eyes out! "I'm sorry... I didn't mean any disrespect, brother.." to which Jay (bar manager) replied with "1, you're not my brother. 2, you stole from my bar, that is disrespectful... you get the fuck outta here now and don't you EVER fuckin' come back here again!"

aaah, it was fucking GREAT!

edit: forgot to mention... one of our bouncers is 6'10" 260lbs... he's an actor, you may have seen him in the new addams family tv series a couple years ago as lurch, or in the 13th warrior or 13 ghosts or master & commander... etc etc... the little bastard thief was hella scared of him. lol

oh, and earlier on (as has happened before) some chick called me the best empties guy there is... and some regular customer guy called me the best damn bus boy type guy ever.. lol :p (I'm a porter there (for now), clear tables, stock the cooler, tap kegs, bring in beer orders, serve food, stock the bar, clean the bar etc etc... pays very well for 3 nights a week, and i can still take my courses.)

Heleen
13-03-2004, 22:05
Hahaha, I really love these stories... keep up the good work ;)

vw_dick
13-03-2004, 23:02
Hahaha, I really love these stories... keep up the good work ;)

:)

just you guys/gals wait 'til i grab myself a digicam with a flash... :D

vw_dick
13-03-2004, 23:24
oh yeah, forgot to mention.. it's called the wheelhouse pub & bistro - i just germaned that fucker up for you euros. :D

Zestienkleppen
14-03-2004, 10:45
Can I get the number from those bikers? I know a few people who are in need of some violent lessons...!

Nice story!

sjampoo
14-03-2004, 10:55
Wheelhouse pub & Bistro?

Rudderhause?

Could be.. IF you'r flootin' in a boat :-) :)

Wheel as in steering wheel, could be rudder.. But on a car-forum, id' prefer 'rad' (wheels / radern)

vw_dick
14-03-2004, 12:00
Wheelhouse pub & Bistro?

Rudderhause?

Could be.. IF you'r flootin' in a boat :-) :)

Wheel as in steering wheel, could be rudder.. But on a car-forum, id' prefer 'rad' (wheels / radern)

it's a 30+ year old bar that was started by 4 long shoremen... maritime theme, thus wheelhouse = the room on a ship with the ship's wheel for steering etc...

i'll take pics inside when i feel like shelling out for a digicam with a flash.

sjampoo
14-03-2004, 12:06
That'll be a rudderhaus yeah!

Can see the inside right now: ropes, Fishin' nets, some 'mummified' catches, no peanuts but 'spierinkjes' as a snack (spierinkjes are thos tiny tiny fish, abt an inch long.. fry them, and you have a snack).. Maybe you even have a shark up on the bar?

teerok
14-03-2004, 12:12

Can see the inside right now: ropes, Fishin' nets, some 'mummified' catches, no peanuts but 'spierinkjes' as a snack (spierinkjes are thos tiny tiny fish, abt an inch long.. fry them, and you have a snack).. Maybe you even have a shark up on the bar?

you need some sleep, sjampoo :D

sjampoo
14-03-2004, 13:25
Ah, let me be the judge of that!

Tyler man,. I'm the one behind the computer with sunlight on my screen.. You probably are pissed, shagged and horny by now.. Teerok/Insomnia! :-)

vw_dick
14-03-2004, 19:18

nope...

a lot of hard wood... some tasteful/non-tacky decorations... a ships wheel... the main part of the bar is sorta shaped like the end of a ship. (horse shoe) .. there's a great big dual tone air/fog horn behind the bar - we blast it every time our NHL hockey team scores... (then sell glasses of Fosters for $1 for 2mins).. etc

pics someday, pics someday..