PDA

View Full Version : chopsauce - France

chopsauce
24-01-2008, 08:50
Hi,

My name is Christophe. I am (close to) 42 years old and vw enthusiast since ... 1970 - nearly. In previous lives I have been a teacher in mathematics and a lecturer in agricultural meteorology.

Now I spend my time between our son and the restau-preparation of our vintage possessions : the house (1860), a V7Sport Moto Guzzi (1976) and the Mk2 GTD Golf (1989).

I am a metal worker also and my professional interests are for fine arts and ... the mechanics of course. I also used to be doing research on vegetation wake turbulence modeling.

Cheers,
Christophe

Stijn
24-01-2008, 08:54
Welcome Christophe, it's about time some french showed up here :)

Any chance on some pics of your vintage possesions?

And you got me thinking now... I know what wake turbulence is, I know what vegetation is...but vegetation wake turbulence?

chopsauce
24-01-2008, 09:20
Welcome Christophe, it's about time some french showed up here :)

Any chance on some pics of your vintage possesions?

And you got me thinking now... I know what wake turbulence is, I know what vegetation is...but vegetation wake turbulence?

Thanks for your interest. There's very little chance you can see much pics before long. Not only for technical reasons : I like the "after" but not "before" pics, plus I am soooo slow.

For vegetation wake turbulence, the trick is the fine scale interaction can not be simulated properly - even with modern computers - especially when dealing with the coupling with bio-chemical processes. So the interaction ought to be modelled through source terms whose constants are tricky to set/tune. These constants I could constraint - and reveal a constant for the macroscale effect of molecular scale viscosity on turbulent kinetic energy dissipation :screwy:

Tjaap
24-01-2008, 09:35
welcome..
teacher in mathematics and a metalworker.... now that's a combination you don't hear every day.

Marcski
24-01-2008, 09:35
welcome!

i'm very interested why one would research that.... please eleborate :)

chopsauce
24-01-2008, 10:09
welcome!

i'm very interested why one would research that.... please eleborate :)

Thanks !

Why research on vegetation wake turbulence modeling ?

Well ...

- at one end meteorological prediction - yet still at a much larger scale - has been improved by the refinement of its boundary conditions - and vegetation is one of those

- at the other end biological processes - vegetation growth for example - are physically influenced by the interaction with the atmosphere.

For military of similar purposes, it could be valuable to know how gases and aerosols propagate in the field ... :( - also.

chopsauce
24-01-2008, 10:15
... my research goal was to model field conditions with computational software from the industry - originally designed for engineering purposes (such as thermal studies of computer cases, etc.)

All that should sound more meaningfull as stated above. And of course, the goal was only partly reached ...

Berserker
24-01-2008, 10:17
Welcome here, sounds very interesting, but I would really like to see some pictures of the Moto Guzzi...

Stijn
24-01-2008, 11:00
Interesting stuff.
By the way, kudos for your absolutely fabulous English! :)

chopsauce
10-02-2008, 20:57
kudos for your absolutely fabulous English! :)

You say, you are :thumbup:

Afterwards I felt paralysed ... no mistakes allowed with my english now and no pictures of the Moto Guzzi to show :redface: ... the bike was bought as a set of basket cases and the mockup build I assembled is now being dismantled to make room for the Mk3 TDI Golf engine to be delivered next friday.

As a compromise, just a few Moto Guzzi pictures - though none from mine.

Firstly the original V7Sport http://chopsauce.online.fr/bike_pics/peer_f.jpg

and secondly the V7Sport Mk3 - like mine : 3 disk brakes and a chain instead of timing gears http://chopsauce.online.fr/bike_pics/cary2.jpg

Well, my Guzzi is very unlikely to ever look like those two above. Firstly because ChopSauce also means Chopper-alike and secondly because the parts from mine are much too damaged. Thirdly because my (definitely) favourite Guzzi - below - is a gorgeous swap :wuv: ... from the Netherlands I guess

http://chopsauce.online.fr/guzzis/nl-guzzi.jpg

Thanks again !

Cheers,
Christophe

Stijn
10-02-2008, 21:23
That's two dutch Guzzis out of three :)

Nice bikes, although personally my love for bikes goes towards big two strokes and supermotards.

chopsauce
13-03-2008, 19:15
DEAR DR. ChopSauce,

It is my pleasure to inform you that you are being considered for inclusion in the upcoming 2009 Edition of Who's Who in the World®, which is scheduled for publication in November 2008.

Distributed globally, Marquis' Who's Who in the World is relied upon by business leaders, journalists, academics, and other professionals for its accuracy and currency of information. Additionally, it is found in the collections of many of the world's leading libraries and corporations.

As the Marquis Who's Who editors begin assembling the 2009 Edition of this historic publication, the original Who's Who in the World continues to be recognized internationally as the premier biographical data source of notable living individuals from every significant field of endeavor.

To be considered for inclusion as a biographee in this prestigious publication, you need only provide the requested information by completing the Biographical Data Form by April 1, 2008. Through this link you will also find information about the edition of Who's Who in the World currently in print.

The information you provide will be evaluated according to the selection standards Marquis Who's Who has developed over 110 years as the world's premier biographical publisher. If you are selected for inclusion in the new 2009 edition, we will contact you prior to the book's publication in November.

Inclusion in Who's Who in the World offers...

* More than just a personal achievement; being honored in a Marquis Who's Who publication offers prospective business contacts an authoritative, full representation of your credentials and accomplishments.
* A historical archive of your achievements, recorded for generations to refer to time and again.
* Exclusive offers that are available only to members of the Marquis Who's Who family.

I congratulate you on the achievements that have brought your name to the attention of our editorial committee. We look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

XXX

:drive: :tounge: :bj: :wee: :cheers:

Tjaap
13-03-2008, 22:44
huh wha?? somebody stalking you??

chopsauce
14-03-2008, 08:55
huh wha?? somebody stalking you??

Who knows ?
:wow:
_

Thanks for your interest. Some day I'll post a few about my Mk2 GT-mTDI under construction ... :sleep:

chopsauce
25-03-2008, 12:02
... supermotards.

Like this one ?

http://chopsauce.online.fr/others/triumphracer50kj4.jpg

Stijn
25-03-2008, 12:05
Wow, that's different!

No, more like this:

http://w3.bikepics.com/pics/2008/03/09/bikepics-1210712-800.jpg

chopsauce
25-03-2008, 15:02
Slightly different indeed :D

The 500 CR I could ride once & downtown (oops) was :thumbup: an aircooled one. Whaouuhhhh - I never had so much fun with any other motorbike !

Do you own one ?

Tjaap
08-04-2008, 01:06
the above one is his.. was his winterproject this year