PDA

View Full Version : vwsuperstar - Englishman in Holland

vwsuperstar
29-08-2008, 23:12
Hi all, joined awhile ago but never really posted until now, I am an English woman crazy about cars, especially VW's and motorsport. Love driving fast and trying to avoid the speed cameras along the Dutch highways but generally go to Germany for real driving fun!!! I have a Corrado G60 from 89 and a Golf Gti 16v from 88. Love both of them but the Corrado is my fav :thumbup:
I am slowly getting both cars in better condition but have had trouble finding good garages that know these cars and will do a good job for a reasonable price too! Any tips or ideas are welcome because I know there is a big following of Golfs and Corrados here in Holland like in the UK.
Was trying to post a photo but cant get it to work so will try again later :confused:

Stijn
29-08-2008, 23:26
Welcome! I do wonder though, how does an expat end up in Zaandam? The windmills got to you? :)

Nice selection of cars, interesting to see a woman crazy about them. Only thing my wife cares about are 2005 and newer Audis, the rest is boring old crap to her.

Hope you get a photo up soon!

vwsuperstar
30-08-2008, 09:30
I got horses too and found a nice house with land that was cheap enough and close enough to Amsterdam so ended up in Zaanstad and now I love it to much here to move lol.

I love my cars and would not buy new just have had problems getting them looked after here!!! I am good checked oil etc.. and not afraid to get my hands dirty but not a mechanic so need help sometimes lol

Marcski
30-08-2008, 13:39
Welcome!
A woman with land, horses and corrado's, there's something you don't see everyday!

Only thing my wife cares about are 2005 and newer Audis, the rest is boring old crap to her.

That sounds all too familiar :D

vwsuperstar
01-09-2008, 22:01
no I do not play by the rules :)

Also drive fast and furious but only when in the corrado lol!!!

andyorangekever
15-09-2008, 11:57
hello, so where in England are you from? am from Stoke-On-Trent, i now live in Eindhoven. :)