PDA

View Full Version : i got an electrical issue

otti
23-09-2008, 16:20
my problem is that everytime i take the keys out of the lock the radio looses all saved stations(all cables are connected) so i think it might be the fuse but all fuses seem to be ok :confused: but not all slots in my fusebox are filled wich slot does have anything to do with the radio and the glovebox lamp(does not work either) help

dennis
23-09-2008, 16:48
check you unswitched powersupply on your radio, possibly your unswitched and switchew powersupplies are connected wrong.

dennis

VeeDubber
23-09-2008, 16:49
The radio receives two feeds, 1 via the battery, the other one via the key. Most of the times these are red and yellow. You need to switch these two from position. Brands such as Sony have AMP clamps in these two lines to make them easy switchable. Should take something like 5 minutes

PerL
23-09-2008, 18:44
The radio receives two feeds, 1 via the battery, the other one via the key. Most of the times these are red and yellow. You need to switch these two from position. Brands such as Sony have AMP clamps in these two lines to make them easy switchable. Should take something like 5 minutes

Exactly! Even though the connections are an ISO standard, the manufacturers still havent decided which is from the key, and which from the battery :screwy:

otti
23-09-2008, 19:22
i got a kenwood headunit but my problem seems to be that the stock connector(which is still installed) is not changed at all...
and the conector that comes from the radio is stock as well do i need to take them out and reconnect them???
thanks for the input so far :thumbup:

PerL
24-09-2008, 09:39
Yes, you need to reconnect them. Connect the red wire with the yellow, and the yellow with the red. It's as easy as that.

otti
24-09-2008, 21:49
thanks i will do that :thumbup:
any leads on the not working glove compartement light??common problem??

otti
12-10-2008, 17:31
i figured out the problems with the stereo and the glove compartement light :thumbup:
i mountet my small amp as well and now everything in my car is working properly, thanks to everyone :thumbup: