PDA

View Full Version : Dutch number plates

IRISHDUBNUT!!
04-11-2009, 16:54
Hi guys :D

A quick question for you - On the current style Dutch plates I've seen about the letters look kind of stuck on, like they're not part of the plate? What I'm wondering is can they be done using pressed metal type plates, where the machine stamps and paints them as well?

Tjaap
04-11-2009, 16:56
they're called luxuryplates, but i cannot answer whether they are pressed or not as i never shelled out the extra cash for them.

btw... LOOOOOOOOOOOONG time no see :D

IRISHDUBNUT!!
04-11-2009, 17:03
I know - I need a kick in the @$$ :stupidme: I should stop by here more!!!

Ah I didn't know that! Is the typeface different on the luxuryplates than standard plates?

Standard plates would be find if they are the pressed metal type :thumbup:

Tjaap
04-11-2009, 17:05
there's 1 problem... you can't buy them.....

you can only buy them when you show your carpapers and turn in your old plates.

Melvin
04-11-2009, 17:06
There are two types of plates in the Netherlands (plates for older cars not counted in):

1. Pressed plates, where a machine presses them and another machine paints the top layer...

2. Luxury plates as Tjaap said. You press them aswell, but the difference is that in each letter you also press two or three tiny holes... Then another machine paints them as well (to get the border line black) and then you press in the seperate letters and it's ready...

IRISHDUBNUT!!
04-11-2009, 17:16
Ahh! That makes sense now :)

And are they all completely unavailable? There's no way of getting plates pressed with either standard or luxury numbers unless you have a Dutch number and Dutch papers?

Tjaap
04-11-2009, 17:20
not with the blue "euro" thingy next to it.

IRISHDUBNUT!!
04-11-2009, 18:32
Aha. What "if" I had two blank plates with the blue euro thingy on it, but with IRL instead of NL? :thumbup:

Tjaap
04-11-2009, 18:36
i think you could probably find some-one to do it then yeh...

chris
04-11-2009, 18:37
Aha. What "if" I had two blank plates with the blue euro thingy on it, but with IRL instead of NL? :thumbup:

Yes,then it will be possible...I know a guy who makes plates at his work,I could ask him if he could do it..

Every blank plate in Holland has its own 'vin' number.Those can't be used for plans like yours,its all registered.