PDA

View Full Version : Looking for engine info

stockcardub40
08-02-2005, 06:58
Hi All, Looking for engine info. I run a car in a pro-four type class in Southern Idaho, US. Cars are full tube chassis, coil over suspension, engines are pretty unlimited, four cylinders only, max 2550cc, one venturi per cylinder max carburetion. Other than that its pretty much a free-for-all. I am currently running a 1.8L 8v balanced, with polished rods(stock otherwise), and I believe 16v pistons for higher comression. I am looking for info to put a new motor together. I have a 1.8L block that has been bored to 82.5 mm, possibly thinking about boring to 83mm and using 1500cc air cooled pistons. I open to any any and all suggestions, possibly shorter rods, 1.5 or 1.6L? This is going to be a high rpm engine 7-9000 rpms on a paved 1/4 mile oval. As far as I know this is the only fwd car of this type in the Northwest(US). There are others running VW, but all have adapted to ford transmissions and are running rwd. Most others in this class are running ford 2.3L and chevy 2.5L. I am hoping to go out and kick some serious ford, chevy, toyota butt this season and any help would be greatly appreciated. I think the rules can be viewed at www.ip4cs.com
Thanks in advance!

TwinScrew20v
08-02-2005, 20:56
Personally to get the revs out of it I would go longer rods...Like ABA. Bore that to an 83mm and pick-up a set of custom pistons (or put a 16v head on it and convert to solid lifter with 13:1 EurospecSport.com ABF pistons) Do cusom rods and a 1.8L forged crank and go to town. The motor should be able to turn 9-10K that way. Hit up the 280-290* cams in the .45-.48 lift range on the intake...Mebe upsize the exhaust valve a mm and you can get some more high RPM exhaust flow.