PDA

View Full Version : Jetta 2012 GLI vs Jetta 2011 TDI Highline

Raph27
30-03-2011, 15:43
My name is Raphael, and i'm 20 years old, looking to buy my 2nd car. These few days i've been hesitating between 2 volks.

1. Jetta Highline TDI 2011
Horsepower: 140 Hp @ 4000 rpm
Torque: 236 lbs.-ft. @ 1750 rpm

2. Jetta GLI 2012 ( Comes out this May ) 2.0 Turbo
Here's a good review for that one: http://www.leftlanenews.com/volkswagen-jetta-gli.html

Difference is it has higher Horsepower, sport seats, independant 4 link rear suspension, 18 inch wheels, dual climate control, sporty look (outside and inside) and of course the Turbo.

I've tried the TDI and i really liked it to be honest, the diesel consumption on this thing is incredible. Thing is next september i will move to another region and i will have to do a lot of up and down to see my family/girlfriend which is around 800KMs. Considering money is not the problem here either for insurances or gaz or the car itself ( Both are around the same price which is between 26-27k ) Which one would you guyz buy? Any thoughts on both of them? The GLI also has v-tex leatheret seats, and i'm wondering if these will be as comfortable as the ones in the TDI, are sport seats generally comfortable? ANY OPINION WILL HELP

I've got the choice to either buy the TDI now or to wait a month and a half and test the GLI once it is on sale. Plz help me!

Thanks a lot !! RLY appreciated! :thumbup: