View Single Post
Old 02-02-2015, 16:46
Forum Regular

Post a photo of your best memory of Beautiful Budel. It could be of a car that inspired you to build your VW, or a photo of good times with friends. If you can't find a photo, write about your happy memories of Beautiful Budel.

I haven't got a good enough photo to post up, so I shall write instead.

It was 2009 and I was moving house, from Eindhoven to Heeze(close to Budel). I had my beetle full of my things and was in the Friday afternoon rush hour traffic on the A2. In the traffic file was lots of VWs going to Budel and next to me was a 181 Trekker with 4 or 5 guys in it. They were wearing funny hats, drinking beer and having a good time. We had a good chat as we were slowly moving along in the traffic, they asked if I was going to Budel too, but I had to explain I was moving house so couldn't camp for the weekend and was just going on the sunday. They were offering me bottles of beer and tried to get me to go to Budel for the whole weekend. They were partying well before arriving in Budel. It really is a show loved by everyone and people look forward to the party weeks before its even begun.

I am looking forward to Budel already!

Party time is 9, 10, 11 September, 2016.