User Name
Password
Home FAQ Register Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 13-10-2011, 07:49
No personal life

Send a message via MSN to richard-polo
Default 1981 Volkswagen Vw Polo Mk1 Audi 50 1.4 16v

Engine

The original engine on the car was removed and replaced with a dyno’d polo 1.4 16v AFH engine (80,000 miles) at 128bhp however I removed the injection system and replaced with a set of tuned Yamaha thundercat bike carbs and fuelling is dealt from the standard bike set up. I custom made the manifold myself and ported the cylinder head to match the manifold and optimise flow. I have not had the current setup dyno’d but would imagine it to be around the 135 figure. During engine installation 1500 miles ago I replaced the water pump, timing belt, oil filter and did a complete service on the engine

I am using the standard gearbox but did change the oil. This I feel is the weak area of the car however there is no whines or problems from it yet but it was only designed to take 40bhp so I have been careful with launches. There is a brand new complete clutch kit installed which I picked up for a snitch on eBay.

Exhaust on the car is dealt with a 4-2-1 stainless manifold, a straight through system and a side exit exhaust, this exhaust system is very loud and if you’re thinking about using this on the street often then I would advise fitting a quieter system. I would also advise purchasing some socks for the bike carbs, I usual run gauzes when driving around town

In the pictures there is a full nitrous kit installed in the car, this will not be included in the auction although is for sale if needed but I have never used it on this engine, I was going to install should I choose to go back to injection on it but never found the need

www.ebay.de Artikelnummer: 320773911836

http://www.ebay.de/itm/320773911836..._fvi%3D1&_rdc=1